Meffert论盗版,及其商业策略 [复制链接]

积分
帖子
精华
UID
性别

论坛建设奖 八年元老

发表于 2009-1-16 00:17:46 |显示全部楼层
【译者注:我把meffert最新的newsletter上的一段话翻译如下。这段话的大意是指责大陆的盗版,并试图引诱欧美及日本的一些魔方发明者和他建立协议,通过他的meffert品牌来生产魔方。国内的魔方企业可以从中看看meffert的营销手段,无非是想靠他的声誉,空手套白狼。】

原文见 http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12177

作者:Meffert
翻译:sokoban

SPECIAL NOTICE: No one hates copy factories and knockoff puzzles more that Erno Rubik and me, so the following may take many of you by surprise.

没有人比我和Erno Rubik更憎恨仿制工厂和盗版魔方,所以下面的处事方式可能会让你们吃惊。

When I began selling my Pyraminx puzzle back in 1981, more than 300 factories in Korea and Taiwan were copying it, and even more the Cube, which was a year ahead of me in the marketplace. I ended up spending over US$ 3.5 million trying to protect my patents with little positive commercial effect. It took around five years for those countries to improve their patent and copyright laws.

当我早在1981年刚开始销售我的Pyraminx的时候,有超过300个韩国和台湾的工厂在仿制它;而Rubik's Cube(3阶魔方)比我早一年进入市场,仿制它的就更多了。在保护我的专利上面,最终花了超过350万美元,正面的商业效果却并不明显。那些国家花了大概五年去完善他们的专利权和著作权的法律。

I have given a lot of thought to the illegal copy issue ever since and would like to share my strategy in combating the many puzzle copies now being produced in China, cheating inventors out of their rightly deserved royalties. I sincerely believe that my approach is an effective way to beat the copy companies, but I cannot do it on my own.

从那以后,我对盗版现象想了很多。目前在中国生产多种魔方,侵犯了发明者应得的权益。我想把我对这些盗版现象的斗争策略和大家分享。我相信我的方法能有效地打击盗版企业,但并不能仅靠我自己的力量的完成,(希望得到你们的合作)。

A little background: China now has 1.4 billion people. Thirty percent of them are considered middleclass, and they prefer to buy genuine brand-name products if they are available. That is why all the major fashion houses have set up their own boutiques in Asia in recent years and have strongly focused on China, with astonishing results. They are slowly but steadily beginning to force out the illegal copies.

一些背景:中国有14亿人口。其中三成被视为中产阶级,他们偏向于购买正版品牌的商品,如果这些产品能买到的话。这就是为什么所有的主要时尚商店都在亚洲设立他们的专卖店,特别在中国,并取得惊人的业绩。他们慢慢地并且稳步的排挤的盗版产品。

In the last 12 months I have established close relationships with small retail gift and puzzle shop owners in China’s major cities who also provide wholesale to individual shops. Each of these licensed shops has an exclusive high-class Mefferts Puzzles corner where my puzzles are being sold at prices similar to what the better quality illegal copies now sell for. Example: A Rubik’s cube knockoff could be bought a year ago for RMB 4.00 (then US$0.50). This year they are selling for RMB 30.00 to RMB 45.00 (US$4.40 to $6.60.)

在过去的12个月,我和中国各大城市的小礼品批发零售店的老板建立的紧密的联系。这些授权店设立专柜,独家销售高品质Meffert 魔方,售价和盗版中质量较好的魔方价格相近【译者注:Meffert在这里撒谎了?试图让别人认为他在中国大陆有完善的销售网络】。比如:一个盗版的3阶魔方在一年前买4元人民币,今年卖30到45元。

Most of my puzzles and of course the Rubik’s Cube have been copied.

我的大多数魔方和Rubik的魔方都被盗版了。

The common practice here in China is that someone with money and the necessary equipment will make the molds, and the injection molding of the individual parts is done by a number of small factories. Metal parts, labels and packaging are similarly farmed out. Then, in cottage industry fashion, the individual parts are delivered to small communities where the puzzles are assembled on a per-piece compensation basis by family groups working in their homes. No factories such as we know them are being used.

在中国,盗版的通常做法是这样的。某个有资金和设备的人开模,对各个不同零件的注模是由很多小工厂完成的。螺丝、贴纸和包装都是由类似的方式完成。然后,以一种类似于手工作坊的形式,各种零件集中到一个小社区进行组装。组装是由计件付酬方式由一些家庭在他们家里面完成的。在整个制作过程中,并不存在我们所想象的那种工厂。

This model is an exact copy of what was done in Taiwan and Korea almost 30 years ago and it is almost impossible to stop, as I learned the hard way.

这种生产模式和30年前台湾和韩国的仿制模式如出一辙。这种生产模式几乎是无法制止的。我是付出了代价才认识到这一点。

FYI, the Back to Square-1, Void cube, 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 V-cubes have all been successfully copied in this manner and the mold for the V-cube 9x9x9 is almost finished. As soon as the copy companies see a new puzzle on the Twisty Puzzle forum or YouTube that they think has potential, they will take out a Chinese local design patent, which can be granted in China within six months at relatively little cost. It makes me very angry to see the local copy companies becoming millionaires overnight while the poor original inventors/designers get nothing!

SQ1,空心魔方,6阶魔方,7阶魔方都是以这种方式被成功盗版,V9的模具也是以这种方式几乎完成了。这些盗版企业一在TP论坛或者YouTube上看到他们认为有潜力的新魔方,他们就马上申请中国的设计专利,往往能在六个月内被授予专利权,并且花费相对较少。这让我非常气氛。当地的盗版企业一夜暴富,而可怜的发明者(设计者)什么都得不到。

Therefore I have now established working relationships with several of the better copy companies who are keen to run legal businesses. They have entered into agreements with me for the Mefferts Challenge brand, which is now becoming popular in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China.

因此,我现在和若干品质较好且倾向于做合法生意的盗版企业建立了合作关系。这些企业和我达成协议生产Mefferts Challenge 品牌。现在,我们的品牌在香港,台湾和大陆的知名度越来越高。

My strategy of providing genuine puzzles for just 5% to 10% above the prices of illegal copies--with better quality and packaging--is proving to be very successful. It is my sincere desire to have other original-design puzzles included in the Mefferts Challenge line, with the inventors’ given full credit and receiving the full royalties due them.

我的策略是,正版魔方的售价仅比盗版高百分之五到十,而且质量和包装更好。这个策略被证明是十分成功的。我真诚的希望其他原创魔方也能成为Mefferts Challenge 品牌的一员,与此同时,发明者会得到全部的荣誉和版税的。

However, we need to act fast while this concept is gaining momentum. In that way we can force the copy companies out of business within a relatively short time--say two to five years--as in the end happened in Taiwan and Korea.

然而,我们的行动要快。这样我们能够迫使盗版企业在短时间内出局,比如说二到五年,正如以前台湾和韩国那样。

I am very happy to enter into an immediate royalty agreement with the designers of any unique puzzles that have been knocked off and will try to make a deal with the company that made the copy mold to improve their quality and legalize their activities, with them selling the then-legal goods through my retail partners channels.

我非常乐于马上和那些原创魔方被盗版的发明者建立版权协议。然后和那些生产盗版的企业合作,改善他们的产品质量,使他们的生产合法化,并把合法化的产品通过我的零售渠道销售。

Time is of the essence, so anyone who wants to cooperate with me, receive the royalties they deserve, and help stamp out illegal copies needs to act quickly in this regard and hopefully will contact me via email at News@mefferts.com.

时间紧迫,所以请愿意和我合作,并获得相应的版税,同时杜绝盗版的设计者们不要犹豫迅速回应。希望你们通过电子邮件 News@mefferts.com 和我联系。

[ 本帖最后由 sokoban 于 2009-1-16 08:39 编辑 ]
已有 3 人评分经验 收起 理由
kexin_xiao + 10 精品文章
yuquan88 + 10 精品文章
大烟头 + 10 谢谢分享国际资讯

总评分: 经验 + 30   查看全部评分

积分
帖子
精华
UID
性别